Foulger Transport have a vacancy for a Workshop Manager to take over the responsibility for the vehicle workshop including servicing, MOT prep, recovery service and budget management.
Foulger Transport are a Norwich based Haulage company based next to the Snetterton Racetrack.
Role and Responsibilities of the Workshop Manager:
- Manage business equipment for the safety of staff and customers including but not limited to calibration of equipment, etc
- Extensive knowledge including vehicle and industry legislation and well trained on the HGV inspection/testers manual including of outsourcing vehicle servicing and maintenance where required.
- Forecast industry changes and react where required whilst implementing correct course of actions
- Reviewing workshop and recovery performance and ensuring delivery of key financial targets
- Development of the existing staff including talent mapping, motivating and personal development
- Provide cover in exceptional circumstances in the department
- Further improve and develop the vehicle workshop systems
- Undertaking review of staffing levels and initiating the recruitment and performance management process
- Provide Weekly and Monthly KPI Reports to the Senior Management team where required
- Drive department changes where required to enhance and develop our infrastructure
- Heavy Automotive qualifications or accreditation’s
- Full and comprehensive understanding of HVG mechanical and electrical systems
- Excellent decision-making skills, a high level of initiative and able to prioritise problem solve
- An excellent commercial understanding of vehicle costings and resource management
- A good ability to learn new IT Platforms and operate proficiently across various software
- Prior experience in a similar role is essential
- The ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Works well under pressure and is still able to inspire and lead a team of fitters
- The ability to work as part of an integral team
- Excellent time keeping, flexibility and attendance is required
Salary £35,000 – £40,000, dependent on experience.
We offer all of our employee’s fantastic company benefits, including:
- Loyalty Awards (Recognises employees with 5, 10, 20, 30 and 40 years’ service).
- Employee Benefits Platform (Includes a Cycle to work scheme, Childcare Vouchers and access to a range of offers and discounts).
- Life Assurance
- Employee and customer referral schemes
To Apply, please click here to fill out the application form.
For more information contact the recruitment team on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01625 728027.