An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Workshop Apprentice. During this placement the successful candidate will gain a Motor Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician – Level 2/3 qualification while gaining valuable experience in a busy workshop.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Assisting with service inspections/maintenance work as required in order that the vehicles are compliant with all Ministry of Transport regulations and in compliance with our ‘O’ Licence obligations.
- Ensuring that all relevant paperwork is completed accurately and in a timely manner, to enable accurate and ‘up-to-date’ computer records are available at all times, with special regard to defects and servicing.
- Undertake all training as required in order to carry out work to meet the ever changing standards of legislation.
- Assist drivers, as and when necessary, to identify defects.
- Keep your Manager informed of any relevant information with regard to the state and safety of vehicles and equipment.
- Ensuring that job cards are completed to record parts used and time allocated to the relevant vehicle
- In order to reduce the risk of trips and slips in the workshop ensure that you work in an orderly manner and keep all work areas clean and tidy.
- Ensure that all tools are cleaned and returned to the appropriate place after use.
- Work in a safe manner and in compliance with Health and Safety regulations.
- Pay is dependent on experience.
We offer all of our employee’s fantastic company benefits, including:
- Loyalty Awards (Recognises employees with 5, 10, 20, 30 and 40 years’ service).
- Employee Benefits Platform (Includes a Cycle to work scheme, and access to a range of offers and discounts).
- Life Assurance
- Employee and customer referral scheme
This is an ideal position for individuals who wish to progress and develop skills while working toward a qualification.
To apply, please click here to fill out the application form.
For more information contact the recruitment team on [email protected] or call 01625 728032