We are looking for a new Warehouse Operative to join our team at to join their team at Roudham and the main Snetterton site.
It will be your role as Warehouse Operative, to provide a loading and unloading facility to all vehicles, company owned or third party, and also order picking from warehouse stock in preparation for loading to ensure the smooth day to day operation of the business whilst maintaining a high standard of customer satisfaction. Attention to detail is essential with regard to stock handling and any other specific information received relating to the consignment of goods. You will also be building exercise equipment to the required specification.
Main Tasks of Warehouse Operative:
- Accurate completion of all paperwork relating to consignments.
- Actively follow up any missing item of stock/dispatch discrepancies.
- Undertake daily/weekly safety checks on the forklifts, complete the relevant form and return to the Supervisor.
- Operate high standards of daily general housekeeping in order to maintain a clean and tidy workplace at all times. Remove all dunnage/packaging, sweep floors and tidy up pallets.
- Ensure the highest level of care whilst driving forklifts. This is particularly important in relation to pedestrians on site.
- Promptly answering the radio and speedily assisting the caller where possible, or passing the caller to the relevant person.
- Notify warehouse supervisor/manager of any product damage on incoming product, or damage caused by yourself.
- Unstack and restack goods on pallets in order to ensure safe transit of goods and also to limit damage to customer’s product.
- Unbuckle and draw curtains, to facilitate efficient and safe unloading/loading of vehicles.
- Assisting drivers where necessary to ensure speedy operation as required.
- Work in a safe manner at all times and in compliance with Health and Safety regulations.
- Always wear safety helmet whilst unloading double deck trailers, or any other time there is a risk of anything falling from a height whilst unloading a vehicle or in the warehouse.
- Assist other departments/sites as and when necessary in order to ensure the smooth running of the business.
Other tasks that may be required from a Warehouse Operative:
- Keep the Manager/Supervisor informed and aware of any relevant matters concerning the operation of the business.
- Undertake other tasks as requested by the Manager/Supervisor
- Use all equipment and services with respect and report any faults, or repairs needed, to the relevant person immediately.
We offer all of our employee’s fantastic company benefits, including:
- Loyalty Awards (Recognises employees with 5, 10, 20, 30 and 40 years’ service).
- Employee Benefits Platform (Includes a Cycle to work scheme, Childcare Vouchers and access to a range of offers and discounts).
- Life Assurance
- Employee and customer referral schemes
To apply, please click here to fill out the application form.
For more information contact the recruitment team on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01625 728027.