Foulger Transport are looking for a Vehicle Technician to join their team.
It will be your role as vehicle technician to provide an efficient and effective maintenance service for the company’s fleet of vehicles and external customers, ensuring that all work is carried out in a timely manner and compliant with all Ministry of Transport regulations, and in compliance with our ’O’ Licence’ obligations.
- Undertake all service inspections/maintenance work as required in order that the vehicles are compliant with all Ministry of Transport regulations and in compliance with our ‘O’ Licence obligations.
- Ensure that all relevant paperwork is completed accurately and in a timely manner, to enable accurate and ‘up-to-date’ computer records are available always, with special regard to defects and servicing.
- Undertake training as required in order to carry out work to meet the ever-changing standards of legislation.
- Assist drivers, as and when necessary, to identify defects.
- Assist drivers in the safe operation of vehicles and equipment.
- Keep your Manager informed of any relevant information with regard to the state and safety of vehicles and equipment.
- Ensure that job cards are completed to record parts used and time allocated to the relevant vehicle.
- To reduce the risk of trips and slips in the workshop ensure that you work in an orderly manner and keep all work areas clean and tidy.
- Ensure that all tools are cleaned and returned to the appropriate place after use.
- Work in a safe manner and in compliance with Health and Safety regulations.
- Assist other departments/sites as and when necessary in order to ensure the smooth running of the business.
- Keep the Manager/Supervisor informed and aware of any relevant matters concerning the operation of the business.
- Undertake other tasks as requested by the Manager/Supervisor.
- Use all equipment, machinery and services with respect and report any faults, or repairs needed, to the relevant person immediately.
We offer all of our employee’s fantastic company benefits, including:
- Loyalty Awards (Recognises employees with 5, 10, 20, 30 and 40 years’ service).
- Employee Benefits Platform (Includes a Cycle to work scheme, Childcare Vouchers and access to a range of offers and discounts).
- Life Assurance
- Employee and customer referral schemes
To Apply, please click here to fill out the application form.
For more information contact the recruitment team on [email protected] or call 01625 728027.