Foulger Transport have an exciting new opportunity for a Commercial Vehicle Fitter and Recovery driver.
Roles & Responsibilities of a Commercial Vehicle Fitter & Recovery Driver:
- Undertake all service inspections/maintenance work as required in order that the vehicles are compliant with all Ministry of Transport regulations and in compliance with our ‘O’ Licence obligations.
- Ensure that all relevant paperwork is completed accurately and in a timely manner, to enable accurate and ‘up-to-date’ computer records are available always, with special regard to defects and servicing.
- Undertake training as required in order to carry out work to meet the ever-changing standards of legislation.
- Assist drivers, as and when necessary, to identify defects.
- Assist drivers in the safe operation of vehicles and equipment.
- Keep your Manager informed of any relevant information with regard to the state and safety of vehicles and equipment.
- Ensure that job cards are completed to record parts used and time allocated to the relevant vehicle
- To reduce the risk of trips and slips in the workshop ensure that you work in an orderly manner and keep all work areas clean and tidy.
- Ensure that all tools are cleaned and returned to the appropriate place after use.
- Work in a safe manner and in compliance with Health and Safety regulations.
- Assist other departments as and when necessary to ensure the smooth running of the business.
- Respond to breakdowns in a prompt and professional manner, assisting with getting the vehicle back on the road. Where necessary tow the vehicle back to the appropriate destination.
- Keep the Managers informed and aware of any relevant matters concerning the maintenance of the vehicles or the operation of the business.
- Undertake other tasks as requested by the Managers/Directors.
Key Skills of a Commercial Vehicle Fitter & Recovery Driver:
- Customer awareness
- Ability to work to deadlines and targets
- Strong teamwork skills
- Confident and professional communication skills
- Full Class 1 driving licence
- Use all equipment, machinery and services with respect and report any faults, or repairs needed, to the relevant person immediately.
We offer all of our employee’s fantastic company benefits, including:
- Loyalty Awards (Recognises employees with 5, 10, 20, 30 and 40 years’ service).
- Employee Benefits Platform (Includes a Cycle to work scheme, and access to a range of offers and discounts).
- Life Assurance
- Employee and customer referral schemes
To Apply, please click here to fill out the application form.
For more information contact the recruitment team on [email protected] or call 01625 728032.