Foulger Transport have an exciting new opportunity for a Commercial Vehicle Fitter and Recovery driver.
Foulger Transport are a Norwich based Haulage company providing our customers with cost-effective, efficient warehousing with haulage throughout East Anglia, as well as UK and international distribution
It will be your role as Commercial Vehicle Fitter & Recovery Driver to provide an efficient and effective maintenance service for the companies fleet of vehicles and external customers, ensuring that all work is carried out in a timely manner and compliant with all Department of Transport regulations, and in compliance with our ’O’ Licence’ obligations. To ensure that safe working systems are adhered to and that all defects reported are dealt with promptly to ensure the safety of the vehicle and also that downtime is kept to a minimum. However, should the repairs required be a lengthy operation then your Manager needs to be kept informed of the situation.
Roles & Responsibilities of a Commercial Vehicle Fitter & Recovery Driver:
- Undertake all service inspections/maintenance work as required in order that the vehicles are compliant with all Ministry of Transport regulations and in com-pliance with our ‘O’ Licence obligations.
- Ensure that all relevant paperwork is completed accurately and in a timely man-ner, to enable accurate and ‘up-to-date’ computer records are available always, with special regard to defects and servicing.
- Undertake training as required in order to carry out work to meet the ever-changing standards of legislation.
- Assist drivers, as and when necessary, to identify defects.
- Assist drivers in the safe operation of vehicles and equipment.
- Keep your Manager informed of any relevant information with regard to the state and safety of vehicles and equipment.
- Ensure that job cards are completed to record parts used and time allocated to the relevant vehicle
- To reduce the risk of trips and slips in the workshop ensure that you work in an orderly manner and keep all work areas clean and tidy.
- Ensure that all tools are cleaned and returned to the appropriate place after use.
- Work in a safe manner and in compliance with Health and Safety regulations.
- Assist other departments as and when necessary to ensure the smooth running of the business.
- Respond to breakdowns in a prompt and professional manner, assisting with getting the vehicle back on the road. Where necessary tow the vehicle back to the appropriate destination.
- Keep the Managers informed and aware of any relevant matters concerning the maintenance of the vehicles or the operation of the business.
- Undertake other tasks as requested by the Managers/Directors.
Key Skills of a Commercial Vehicle Fitter & Recovery Driver:
- Customer awareness
- Ability to work to deadlines and targets
- Strong teamwork skills
- Confident and professional communication skills
- Full Class 1 driving licence
- Use all equipment, machinery and services with respect and report any faults, or repairs needed, to the relevant person immediately.
Salary: £14.37 – £28.74 per hour. Potential for Over Time & Bonus. Weekly hours are 13:00 – 22:00.
We offer all of our employee’s fantastic company benefits, including:
- Loyalty Awards (Recognises employees with 5, 10, 20, 30 and 40 years’ service).
- Employee Benefits Platform (Includes a Cycle to work scheme, Childcare Vouchers and access to a range of offers and discounts).
- Life Assurance
- Employee and customer referral schemes
To Apply, please click here to fill out the application form.
For more information contact the recruitment team on email@example.com or call 01625 728027.