Foulger Transport are looking for a new Transport Planner to join their team.
Foulger Transport are a Norwich based Haulage company providing our customers with cost-effective, efficient warehousing with haulage throughout East Anglia, as well as UK and international distribution.
Roles & Responsibilities of a Transport Planner:
- Allocation of driver (including agencies) and vehicles, maximising loads, whilst maintaining/exceeding customer expectations.
- Utilise back load subcontracts where and when required.
- Request required bookings for deliveries as per traffic plan in Stirling.
- Produce overnight loading sheet for Warehouse and communicate effectively.
- Communicate the plan to Drivers and customers, either by phone or online text.
- Review handover to and from Night shift as per requirements set out in the Foulger’s manual.
- Execute the plan to ensure customer KPIs and internal targets are achieved.
- Manage breakdowns/delays from point of first notification to repair; ensure stakeholders are updated and where necessary the plan is amended to ensure customer service levels are met
Key Skills of a Transport Planner:
- Great organisation skills
- Fantastic communication and telephone skills
- Ability to work well within a team and individually when necessary
- Computer literate including Microsoft
- Ability to cope well under pressure
- A strong focus on continuous improvement
- Willing to undergo all training that is offered
Salary: £30,600.00+ per year, dependent on experience
We offer all of our employee’s fantastic company benefits, including:
- Loyalty Awards (Recognises employees with 5, 10, 20, 30 and 40 years’ service).
- Employee Benefits Platform (Includes a Cycle to work scheme, Childcare Vouchers and access to a range of offers and discounts).
- Life Assurance
- Employee and customer referral schemes
To apply, please click here to fill out the application form.
For more information contact the recruitment team on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01625 728027.