Foulger Transport are looking for a General Manager that will lead and manage the transport and warehousing functions of the Foulger Transport business. You will be a key member of the senior management team, developing and implementing the Kinaxia strategy to improve overall company and group performance.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- In conjunction with the Foulger Transport Managing Director, develop and implement a comprehensive Transport and Warehouse strategy
- Ensure all drivers comply with EU and domestic legislation
- Responsible for all aspects of health & safety on site
- Ensure the efficient networking of vehicles across Foulger Transport sites and the wider Kinaxia
- Translate strategic goals into action plans for the business area and drive improvement
- Lead and manage the performance of all operational teams and third party agency staff.
- Ensure the efficient planning and utilisation of drivers and the vehicle fleet.
- Optimise the layout and use of warehouse space and premises
- Optimise the profitability of the fleet and warehouse operations
- Fully utilise all Foulger Transport Management and Warehouse Management systems available to you and your team
- Manage administration processes to ensure effective and accurate invoicing to customers and internal customer reporting
- Utilise telematic systems to optimise driver performance
- Produce a comprehensive package of KPIs which accurately reflect Foulger Transport performance
- Work closely and effectively with all other senior managers across the business and wider Kinaxia Group network
- International CPC holder
- Previous Transport management experience
- Good understanding of all current transport legislation
- Great communication and presentation skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Commercial awareness and negotiation skills
- Strong employee engagement skills
- IT & computer literate – Microsoft, TMS, WMS, and Telematics
- Fantastic Salary of up to £50,000
- Loyalty Awards (Recognise employees with 5, 10, 20, 30 and 40 years’ service).
- Employee Benefits Platform (Includes a Cycle to work scheme, Childcare Vouchers and access to a range of offers and discounts).
- Life Assurance
- Employee and customer referral schemes
To apply, please click here to fill out the application form.
For more information contact the recruitment team on [email protected]o.uk or call 01625 728027.