Foulger Transport are looking for two Transport Administrators to join their team.
As a Transport Administrator you will be responsible for progressing supplier collections and final depot deliveries in the context of support of the daily transport plan and the performance criteria against customer agreed key performance indicators. You will be using computer systems to input data and update records to facilitate the supplier collection and customer delivery planning process.
Roles & Responsibilities of a Transport Administrator:
- Produce overnight loading sheet for Warehouse and communicate effectively.
- Customer communication as per requirements set out in the Foulger’s manual.
- Booking in deliveries with customers.
- Inputting of information on to the relevant IT system.
- Update any relevant customer/internal KPIs.
- Review all customer requests and action where appropriate.
- Relevant paperwork to drivers for dispatch.
- Receive completed paperwork from drivers.
- To provide administrative support for the Transport Office.
- To assist the smooth day to day operation of the business, in order to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Attention to detail with regard to POD’s and any other information concerning de-liveries/collections.
- To ensure that all information is entered accurately for invoicing purposes whilst keeping the need for credits to a minimum.
- Inputting of information on to the relevant computer systems used.
- Answering the telephone promptly and professionally to provide assistance to the caller where possible, or passing the call to the relevant person.
What we expect from a Transport Administrator:
- To be pro-active and communicate effectively with the Executing Planner, ensuring all operational issues are escalated appropriately.
- Ensure 100% accuracy of data entry into operating systems.
- Support the Administration & Planning team where required, learning roles and tasks to ensure cover can be provided for sickness and holiday and to support personal development
- Take responsibility for yourself and others whilst at work.
- Support Company initiatives, comply with all Company policies and demonstrate company values.
- Advocate and participate in self-development and continued personal development.
- Any other duties as reasonably requested.
Key Skills of a Transport Administrator:
- Legal and technical knowledge of LGV operations.
- Demonstrate ability to ensure business critical routines are met without fail
- Able to influence drivers within the operation to achieve business needs
- Lead by example and show commitment to legal, customer, business compliance
- Able to prioritise in line with Company objectives
- Good organisational skills
- IT literate in programmes relevant to the operation
- Good geographical knowledge
- Is a team player
We offer all of our employee’s fantastic company benefits, including:
- Loyalty Awards (Recognises employees with 5, 10, 20, 30 and 40 years’ service).
- Employee Benefits Platform (Includes a Cycle to work scheme, Childcare Vouchers and access to a range of offers and discounts).
- Life Assurance
- Employee and customer referral schemes
To apply, please click here to fill out the application form.
For more information contact the recruitment team on email@example.com or call 01625 728027.