Foulger Transport are looking for a Senior Transport Operator to assist the Managers with the efficient running of the Transport Operation. Foulger Transport have a General Haulage and Pallet network department.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Utilising IT systems to ensure accurate allocation of driver/vehicle and trailer, communicating plans to external and internal clients.
- Working as one transport team, maximising manpower to ensure the operations runs effectively and efficiently to meet/exceed customer requirements.
- Effectively manage driver hours ensuring they are compliant to all regulations.
- Full utilisation of vehicles to include backloads etc.
- Produce a loading sheet for warehouse and communicate effectively.
- Effective handover of information to the relevant department/individual.
- Manage the communication breakdowns, maintenance and servicing of vehicle of trailers, ensuring their availability.
- Respond to operational delays, communicating to all stakeholders any changes to plan.
- Produce relevant KPI’s for the department and evaluate trends and areas of improvements.
- Authorise driver timesheets on a weekly basis, auditing and updating hours against the relevant systems.
- Actively grow the business by working closely with existing and potential customers.
- Promote effective staff engagement to improve moral and staff satisfaction.
- Promote training and development for successful succession planning.
- Working with the senior management team communicate any areas of concern or improvements identified.
- Manage audits from both external and internal clients.
- Work in a safe manner complying with all health and safety regulations.
- Operate a high standard of general housekeeping in order to maintain a clean and tidy office.
- Working as part of a team, participate in cross training to provide effective cover in colleague’s absence.
Skills, Qualification and Experience:
- Excellent geographical knowledge both National and Local
- International CPC is desirable
- Minimum of 3 yrs working in a Transport Office
- Proficient IT skills including TMS
We offer all of our employees fantastic company benefits, including:
- Loyalty Awards (Recognises employees with 5, 10, 20, 30 and 40 years’ service).
- Employee Benefits Platform (Includes a Cycle to work scheme, Childcare Vouchers and access to a range of offers and discounts).
- Life Assurance
- Employee and customer referral schemes
To Apply, please click here to fill out the application form.
For more information contact the recruitment team on [email protected]