Foulger Transport are looking for a Class 2 Driver to complete all daily driving duties required, and also to cover sickness, absence and holiday cover within the Transport Office. This part of the role will involve planning and executing collection and delivery schedules and the mixed responsibility of the role is seen as circa 50% of your time in each position.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Ensure the safe and efficient delivery of all goods
- Comply with driver’s hours rules
- Ensure your vehicle is roadworthy and your load is secured safely.
- Communicate any damages, accidents or issues effectively with the Transport Office
- Planning and routing of vehicles in accordance with driver’s hours and current legislation
- Allocation of drivers to vehicle.
- Book agency drivers if necessary
- Plan a collection schedule
- Using Stirling to build pallets into loads to maximise trailer load fill.
- Produce overnight loading sheet for Warehouse and communicate effectively.
- Communicate the plan to Drivers, either by phone or online text.
- Communicate with Customers effectively
- Review handover from Night shift
- Build into the plan any additional loads that are taken on during the day
- Manage the driver hours so they are compliant with all legislation requirements
- Class 2 Driving Licence, CPC and Digi Card
- Previous planning experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer literate, experience with Stirling advantageous
- Good Geographical knowledge of the local area and rest of the UK
- Able to work both independently and in a team.
- Loyalty Awards (Recognise employees with 5, 10, 20, 30 and 40 years’ service).
- Employee Benefits Platform (Includes a Cycle to work scheme, Childcare Vouchers and access to a range of offers and discounts).
- Life Assurance
- Employee and customer referral schemes
To Apply, please click here to fill out the application form.
For more information contact the recruitment team on [email protected] or call 01625 728027.