Foulger Transport are looking for a Class 1 Night Driver to join their team.
As a Class 1 Night Driver you will provide an efficient, timely and safe delivery/collection service on behalf of the company to the destination as advised, whilst complying with all legislation relating to Driver’s Hours, Health and Safety, Manual Handling and any other legislation applicable. It is essential to ensure that the vehicle is in a roadworthy condition and that the load being carried is secured in order to minimise the risks to all staff, customers and members of the public and to limit any damage to the goods. To complete paperwork as required, taking into consideration any specific requirements made by the customer. Attention to detail is essential with regard to delivering/collecting of goods and the completion of the relevant paperwork/P O D’s involved and any other specific information relating to the consignment of goods.
Main Tasks of a Class 1 Night Trunk Driver:
- Comply with the Driver’s Hours Regulations and the Working Time Directive Regulations and complete tachographs and timesheets in accordance with these regulations.
- Ensure the highest level of care whilst loading and unloading vehicles and working/driving where forklifts and others are working. This is particularly important in relation to pedestrians/members of the public at the point of loading/unloading.
- Undertake daily vehicle checks and complete defect report sheets as applicable.
- Secure loads in order to ensure goods are not damaged in transit and that no injuries are caused to staff, customers or members of the public.
- Accurate completion of all paperwork relating to consignments, ensuring that P O D’s are completed correctly and any shortage/damage is accurately recorded. Shortages and damage should always be reported to the office at the earliest opportunity.
- Inform the office if you are held up at a delivery/collection point for more than 20 minutes.
- Operate high standards of general housekeeping in order to maintain a clean and tidy workplace at all times
- Work in a safe manner and in compliance with Health and Safety regulations, paying particular attention to the Manual Handling Regulations. Never lift, pull or manhandle anything that you consider unsafe to do so.
- Comply with the Health and Safety requirements of our customers and report any accident/incident that occurs on their premises to them and also to your manager.
- Inform the office if you have a problem of any kind relating to deliveries scheduled and your ability to carry out the task required.
- Do not use a handheld mobile telephone whilst driving as this is against the law. If your vehicle does not have a hands free telephone and you need to use a hand held device you need to stop the vehicle before doing so.
- Assist other departments as and when necessary in order to ensure the smooth running of the business.
Other Tasks of a Class 1 Night Driver:
- Keep the Manager/Supervisor informed and aware of any relevant matters concern-ing the operation of the business.
- Undertake other tasks as requested by the Manager/Supervisor
- Use all equipment, machinery and services with respect and report any faults, or re-pairs needed, to the relevant person immediately.
We offer all of our employee’s fantastic company benefits, including:
- Loyalty Awards (Recognises employees with 5, 10, 20, 30 and 40 years’ service).
- Employee Benefits Platform (Includes a Cycle to work scheme, Childcare Vouchers and access to a range of offers and discounts).
- Life Assurance
- Employee and customer referral schemes
To apply, please click here to fill out the application form.
For more information contact the recruitment team on [email protected] or call 01625 728027.