Foulger Transport are looking for an enthusiastic, ambitious person to join their Workshop team as an apprentice on a Light Vehicle Maintenance course, progressing onto Level 3. You will be studying your apprenticeship with City College Norwich although most of your time will be on site in the Snetterton workshop. You will be working on Heavy Goods vehicles whilst in the Workshop.
It will be your job role to provide an efficient and effective maintenance service for the company’s fleet of vehicles and external customers, ensuring that all work is carried out in a timely manner and compliant with all Ministry of Transport regulations, and in compliance with our ’O’ Licence’ obligations.
Main Tasks of an Apprentice Motor Vehicle Technician:
- To assist with service inspections/maintenance work as required in order that the vehicles are compliant with all Ministry of Transport regulations and in compliance with our ‘O’ Licence obligations.
- Ensure that all relevant paperwork is completed accurately and in a timely manner, to enable accurate and ‘up-to-date’ computer records are available at all times, with special regard to defects and servicing.
- Undertake all training as required in order to carry out work to meet the ever changing standards of legislation.
- Assist drivers, as and when necessary, to identify defects.
- Keep your Manager/Director informed of any relevant information with regard to the state and safety of vehicles and equipment.
- Ensure that job cards are completed to record parts used and time allocated to the relevant vehicle
- In order to reduce the risk of trips and slips in the workshop ensure that you work in an orderly manner and keep all work areas clean and tidy.
- Ensure that all tools are cleaned and returned to the appropriate place after use.
- Work in a safe manner and in compliance with Health and Safety regulations.
- Assist other departments as and when necessary in order to ensure the smooth running of the business.
Other Tasks for an Apprentice Motor Vehicle Technician:
- Keep the Managers/Directors informed and aware of any relevant matters concerning the maintenance of the vehicles or the operation of the business.
- Undertake other tasks as requested by the Managers/Directors.
- Use all equipment, machinery and services with respect and report any faults, or repairs needed, to the relevant person immediately.
Key Skills and Qualifications of an Apprentice Motor Vehicle Technician:
- Team Player
- Great Communications skills
- Confident completing tasks alone
- Ability to work under pressure
- Driving Licence is advantageous but not essential
- GCSE Level 4 (C Grade) or above in English, Maths & Science.
We offer all of our employee’s fantastic company benefits, including:
- Loyalty Awards (Recognises employees with 5, 10, 20, 30 and 40 years’ service).
- Employee Benefits Platform (Includes a Cycle to work scheme, Childcare Vouchers and access to a range of offers and discounts).
- Life Assurance
- Employee and customer referral schemes
To apply, please click here to fill out the application form.
For more information contact the recruitment team on email@example.com or call 01625 728027.